Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The 7th Year Senior Turns 30

So, a funny thing happened on the way to grad school.  I have spent the last ten months living across the street from a middle school.  Everyday, I see the kids at recess and miss working in schools.  To make a long and not-so-amusing story short, I've come to the realization that I belong in education.  SO, back to La Crosse I go to continue on with this education process.  The 7th Year Senior returns.  

With that, I'm turning 30 next week!  That's a big milestone, so I'm making it a month-long celebration.  A month of reflecting on how far I've come, a month of enjoying where I am at, and a month of looking forward to hopefully another 30 years.  Another 30 years of college... ?  Maybe.

Today was day 1 on my journey to 30.  Of course, I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather go everyday of my life than Barnes and Noble.  I was pretty excited when I saw this sketchbook, so I bought it, along with a set of pencils.  I'm not an artist by any means, but try to stop me.   

In high school, I took a few art classes and loved drawing.  I need to journal more, too.  Journaling is fun.  And, I do journal in sketchbooks.  It has been a little over two years now since I ditched lined pages when it comes to writing.  It's freedom at its finest.  

Speaking of high school, I have a list of goals I had for myself from my senior year.  There are quite a few things I didn't quite accomplish yet.  Published Author is one of them.  I will carry that one over into my thirties.  

AND. . . I am $15.37 richer today thanks to all the people that have digitally downloaded my music over these last two years.  Happy Birthday to ME!  I think I'll put it toward my next CD. With only about $1,984.63 more to go, I should be able to put something special together by the time I'm 102.  


No comments:

Post a Comment