Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back in the Saddle, Again... Almost.

Textbooks... ORDERED!
Student ID... MISSING!
Research... STARTED!
Financial Aid... REINSTATED!

Farewell to the sabbatical.  Tomorrow is a school night.  Farewell to waking up whenever I please, lounging around in pajamas until I can't stand the smell of myself, the "hanging out" with Grandpa Larry, the goofing off, and everything else I have become so accustomed to the last few months.  It is time to focus, get serious, and get this graduation thing done.

The seventh year senior would like to take this time to reflect on my many accomplishments during this amazing sabbatical:

  • "Hunting in the House" is now at 10,000 words!
  • I shoveled Grandpa's driveway.  Three times.
  • Worked 50+ hours at Integra's new building & it looks AWESOME!
  • Drank the equivalent of an Olympic-sized swimming pool in Coffee!
  • Watched "Home Alone" 4 times.
  • Watched "Elf" 3 times.
  • Memorized the words to almost all of Sugarland's new CD.
  • Read over 25 books to Nolan, Madeline, and Gunner.
  • Brushed my teeth at least every three days.
  • Played 3 gigs.
  • Watched every episode of Cheers, The Andy Griffith Show, and Everybody Loves Raymond ever made.  
 In the morning, I will start my journey back to La Crosse.  The semester is going to be intense.  May there be a cure for senioritis by Monday morning.  How in the world am I going to get up by noon for my first class?


No comments:

Post a Comment