Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last 15 days of Sabbatical

Okay, it wasn't really a sabbatical.  It was more along the lines of a necessary leave of absence.  Still, I have participated in many creative projects that can make it seem justified as a sabbatical. 

I am afraid, however, that school is going to shock my system.  After all, I have been off since mid-October.  Now that we're down to the wire I am trying to prepare myself for a scheduled lifestyle.  This routine of waking up whenever I want, blogging or writing all day, hanging out with my grandpa, the niece and nephews, and drinking all the soda and coffee I can get my hands on has been incredible.  With it coming to an end, I am scrambling to finish up projects that I won't be able to pay attention to until after May.

Maybe I need to create a Back to School Boot Camp for myself?  Set my alarm every morning for 6:30 AM, read more than just Facebook statuses and Craigslist ads, get going on my research project, organize my apartment for effective studying, and practice more self-discipline.

Scratch that.  I've been in college long enough to know how to do this.  I think I'll spend these 15 days working on my collection of childhood stories, playing some guitar, watching movies, and setting all sorts of goals for 2011.

Off the subject, do you consider 7-up a soda?  I don't.  But, I did break the New Year's resolution of no more soda in less than 48 hours.  I cracked open a Mountain Dew today, chugged it, and then took a two hour nap.  I think 7-up, Sprite, and Sierra Mist are okay, though.  No caffeine.  Either way, I guess the fact that I didn't have three Mountain Dews today, or 2 Mountain Dews and a Coke Zero is progress.  Looking on the bright side, I won't have that awful migraine that comes with cutting off the caffeine.  Oh, wait.  I didn't give up coffee either, so that really isn't an issue.  Hmm...

Ok.  Carry on.  I'm going to get back to creative writing and watching television in front of this awesome space heater I found.  


No comments:

Post a Comment