Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Graduation



[I went to college.  The cake decorator on the other hand...]

I don't get it.  You go to school and bust your ass to get educated and to reward you, they dress you up in a cardboard hat and a curtain.

So, I'm standing in line before the ceremony.  My family is in a state of shock that this day has finally arrived.  I should be on top of the world.  Instead, I'm conveniently positioned next to a particular student who feels it is necessary to point me out.  Hello, high school?  What is this?  Instead of walking over and breaking the fingers that were pointing at me, I took a few deep breaths and put myself in their shoes for a moment.  (A brief moment.)  It must suck to have your head so far up a professor's ass and then suddenly lose that bond.  I'm sorry about your thesis, but you're standing here in your cap and gown pointing me out to all the "friends" who probably won't even remember your name next year at this time, so I'm assuming everything worked out just fine for you.  As for me, I did the school a favor.  Next time, a simple "thank you" will work just fine.

After my name was called, I felt it was an appropriate time to leave.  I just wanted to hear the student address, which was wonderful.  I walked out wishing I would not have bothered with the ceremony.

So, then the party began!!!!












"I just can't finish my third piece of cake!!!!"
























Speaking of cake, I have quite a bit left over.  I don't know how many more mornings I can have cake for breakfast, so I think today I'm going to go for peanut butter toast or leftover pizza. 






Grandpa!!! :-)



It's amazing to think that last year around this time we didn't even know if Grandpa would be here for this!  What a blessing to have him here!  :-) 










 Nolan Practicing for His Graduation

 Mark, Shannon, Nolan, Madeline, Gunner, & Grandpa Mike camped for the weekend!  Nolan's response to pulling into the campground: "I think I'm going to fall in love this weekend."  And that my friends is how Nolan has become known as the Campground Casanova!














Gunner likes to party!

A sisterly moment caught on camera!
This little fella had a great time!  My favorite was when he was sitting in his high chair eating breakfast and pointing his finger at Nolan & Madeline and "yelling" in a babble! 



And now it's Tuesday.  I'm done with school.  The moving process has to begin, but it's 9:20AM and I'm still in bed blogging, looking at what's out there for jobs, and even looking into graduate programs.  Anything to avoid going over to the apartment and packing it up.  Have I mentioned I hate moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment