Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So, is this the real world?

Yesterday, I woke up at the butt crack of dawn just because that's what I've been programmed to do.  By 10:30 AM, I was engaged in my first nap of the day.  I plowed through the first eight episodes of the first season of Scrubs, edited photos, and ate leftover pizza and graduation cake.  I stayed in my pajamas until Kat called me at 4:30 to see if I wanted to go to Barnes & Noble.

It took me about 45 minutes to decided whether it was Tuesday or Wednesday today.  And then I realized that it doesn't matter.  Nothing is due.  So, if this is the real world, I am LOVING it! Had I realized the real world was this much fun, I would have dropped out of college a long time ago!!  Okay, maybe not.

As part of my sit-on-my-ass fest yesterday, I looked at job openings.  It's kind of refreshing to see opportunities available.  Now, now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I'm not too sure I want to dive right into a full-time 9 to 5er.  I'm feeling like a puppy that just left obedience school and has forgotten everything it learned.  That's right, I'm going to pee on the carpet... chew on every pair of shoes I come across... beg for treats... and when I run outside, I'm not going to come back until I'm good and ready to come back!

Now that I have that image in your head, I see it's not even 8:00AM.  Time to reprogram my body to sleep until noon! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment