Saturday, October 2, 2010

Confessions of a Caffeine Addict

(Image taken from Nataliedee.com)

I started my day with a multi-vitamin, a bowl of dry Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and a Coke Zero.  By 11:00 I had the shakes.  I'm pretty sure it was the vitamin.  Definitely need to cut back on the vitamins. 

At 2:30 I cracked... another can of diet Coke and swore it was my last one of the day.  

Until 8:30 when I plugged in Harry and the Henderson's and realized I don't have any popcorn.  But, I do have soda, so I opened another.  

Although I have never tried a diet Coke bong, I must say I am slightly curious.  It's not just soda, though.  I love my coffee.  Probably not in a bong, though.  

Caffeine is no longer a guilty pleasure - it's a necessity.  If enough hours go by between doses, it can easily become a frantic dash to the nearest vending machine, coffee shop, or Kwik Trip.  If a day goes by, I'm not functional.  The yawning becomes uncontrollable and the headache has the potential to blow my brain apart.  But... now that I think of it... a blown-up brain would be a good excuse not to go to school.

I'm going to quit caffeine cold turkey tomorrow.

Or, not.

I'll keep you posted on this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment