What are your best excuses for not being in class?
-Bruce from Alabama
I'm to the point where I don't need to tell the professors anything. They know how serious my senioritis is and that I need plenty of play time to ease the symptoms. Back in the day, these were some of my favorite excuses:
- Bloody nose (actually, I was always getting bloody noses, so this one wasn't really a lie)
- The typical illnesses
- Pink Eye
- Ingrown toenail
- The Typical Mechanical Problems
- Flat Tire
- Out of Gas
- Faulty Transmission
- Fell off the mechanical bull and have a concussion
- The REALLY Creative Excuses
- "I got this phone call saying that my aunt died and was on the phone for a half hour sobbing before I realized it was it was the exterminator with the Chinese accent calling to tell me that all of the ants were dead."
- "I was praying."
- "I went to donate blood and it took longer than I thought." (How can they hold it against you? You were saving a life!)
- "I woke up with diarrhea of the mouth and decided it was best I stay away from a lecture hall."
- Temporary agoraphobia
- "I was sick." - You and everyone else. If you're going to use it - you must elaborate. Professors really do want to know all about your ailments - no matter how gross and disgusting they may be.
- "I overslept." - Seriously? That is the lamest one in the book!
- "I was hungover." - Don't use this one. You'll get no sympathy because you didn't ask your professor to party with you.