Sunday, October 3, 2010

Not One of My More Brilliant Ideas...

So, I thought giving up caffeine cold turkey would give me a pounding headache with enough force to knock me out of the semester.  I made it fourteen hours without caffeine before the headache began.  (Note: Nine of those hours I was sleeping.)  At that point, I decided I could kick this little addiction right to the curb.  


And then I was notified I had to take one of the participants to church after I had already arrived to work in my favorite sweatshirt...  (See Attached Photo for a Reminder)

Of course, I wore a pair of baggy black athletic (but certainly not used for athletic purposes) pants and sneakers.  Perfect.  A Catholic mass, none the less.  The headache went from bad, to worse, to "I'M STEALING MONEY FROM THE OFFERING PLATE TO RUN AND GET A COFFEE!!!"

But I made it all the way until 11:30 before I finally had a soda.  The headache improved, but never went away completely.  When I arrived home an hour ago, the headache was back, but not full force.  What can I say?  I'm a wimp.  I caved.  I cracked another can of Coke Zero and now, 5:52 PM, I'm in bed.  With my laptop and some homework.

Well, okay... the homework is actually in my backpack.  It's been in there all weekend.  It's not actually within reach of the bed right now, either.  I think that maybe if it sits in my backpack long enough, it will get so bored that it will actually do itself.

Basically the point of this post is to not go from consuming between 105 - 170 mg/caffeine each day to none at all.  That's just a bad idea.

1 comment:

  1. I gave up caffeinated beverages once for about 2 years (I couldn't give up caffeine altogether; I need dark chocolate to go with the bourbon...)

    Possible, but hardly life changing to be off the bean. Now I'm an addict again. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete