Sunday, June 19, 2011

From Senioritis to Senior Moments

I woke up bright and early at 6:00 AM.  I blame the birds outside my window.  Some people call it chirping, some call it singing, and I call it death metal in the morning.  Threw a pillow on top of my head, curled up, and went back to sleep.  Until 11:15 AM!  Now, I wasn't really intending to sleep that long.  It just sort of happened.

The plan was to drive home to Wausau in time for a Father's Day cookout at 5:30, so I had three hours to get my truck packed and be on my way.  After getting dressed, I quick ran down to clean out the truck.  Without keys.  You can imagine my surprise when I went to turn the doorknob and realized I had locked myself out of my apartment.  Of course, my cell phone was inside, too.

I thought about busting out some of my Jack Bauer moves to knock the door down, but figured that would tick off the landlord.  After turning the knob as hard as I could, hanging from it like a kid on the monkey bars, and saying a few choice phrases, I went around back to the garage.  Of course, there were no tools to be found.  Just an old washer and dryer, a ladder, some lawn mowers, and nothing of any use to me.  I pulled a nail off of the wall and figured I'd try to pick my way in.

Ten minutes with the nail and I called it quits.  Fortunately, my neighbor was outside raking his lawn, so I borrowed his phone and called the next best thing to 9-1-1: American Lock & Key.  Over an hour later, the guy arrived with his toolbox and opened the door.  And that, my friends, is how you spend $48 on stupidity.


After my door was opened, I proceeded about my day and tried to pack up for my trip to Wausau.  The next thing I know, it's 6:30 and I'm just waking up from a nap I didn't intend to take.  I probably would have continued sleeping soundly, but heartburn decided to be my alarm clock.  Then I realized - today was the first day in 5 days that I haven't had Mac & Cheese.  Must be the withdrawals.


Instead of making anything, I drove down to Festival and found Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey.  It practically fell out of the freezer and into my hands, so that's what I had for dinner.


We're going to try and re-do this day tomorrow because today was an epic FAIL!




No comments:

Post a Comment